Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Moon in the 10th House

The Moon in the 10th House is a curious placement, as the Moon is a private planet and this house is the most public position. Essentially, it means that the person’s Moon sign traits are something that they will become publicly known for, especially if it’s conjunct their Midheaven. Instead of hiding it in the privacy of their home, this energy is in the spotlight for the world to see. Yet, these people display a savvy kind of public-relations instinct. 10th House Moons can be open with their Moon sign energy while instinctively giving their community the best aspects of it. With an Aries Moon, their fearlessness and fiery charm will be broadcast to the world, but they will know better than to let that volatile temper be public knowledge, as well. If not, then they will surely learn.

Therefore, the key lesson of this position is one of responsibility. People with their Moon in the 10th House must express this energy like a mature adult and not an immature child. If not, the particular neediness and insecurities of their Moon sign will not only become a negative part of their reputation but will wreak havoc in their professional and social life. They should focus on what they emotionally give to the world and not what they emotionally receive. In doing so, 10th House Moons will gain control of their Moon sign’s negative emotional reactions, which gives them the freedom to approach the world with more ease and spontaneity. At this point, they will feel very comfortable in the public eye, which can lead to some sort of fame, whether becoming a neighborhood celebrity or an actual one.

These individuals are grounded by achieving emotional fulfillment in their careers. They can be very ambitious but it’s their emotional needs that are driving them more than a desire for glory and achievement. Moon in the 10th House people simply cannot function if their career is not a good match for their emotional nature. It’s advisable for them to choose a professional path that caters to the particular abilities of their Moon sign. Then, they will be able to succeed in their career in a very instinctive manner. Since we’re dealing with the Moon, being a caregiver becomes a professional title that they take on, in the nurturing style of their Moon. Before they have kids, they take care of people in their professional sphere. But, if and when they become parents, something shifts. It’s true for most people but especially them: parenting gives them a fulfillment they never had before in their private life. 




8 comments:

  1. Moon is such an inspiring and important planet in astrology... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm a big fan of the Moon, too. It's crucially important as well as a totally interesting part of a person's inner nature.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the article! Stew, could you help me a little with my Moon? I've been studying astrology for a while but I still don't know what to do with it, what to do with my life so far, perhaps because MC's in Gemini and my moody Cancer Moon conjuncts Chiron.

    I've seen info related to Moon and Chiron each in the 10th and in Cancer and the conjunction they form... but I've been afraid of yes, becoming famous but in a bad way, I've been afraid of public sight and being hurt in there by failing or being too unconventional because I always liked alternative medicine and such. I've studied psychology and medicine so far as more "serious" careers but without finishing either yet. Sometimes I'd like to better run to Arquitecture, somewhere where I could create something beautiful and not expose my ideas, but... what would it be a good thing for this Moon? would I really have the danger relating to social judgement or something? Is it something that I have to overcome? Good thing (?) is this pair in Cancer make a grand trine to Sun-Pluto in Scorpio and North Node in Pisces, all in the earth houses. But I'm 26 right now and I haven't open my wings yet to the world and I'm already a weird exception for my peers in many generations. The bad thing is that Chiron makes a grand square to the cardinal houses, so pain in a way connects them all and perhaps that's what has let me stuck for so long.

    Geez, this is a bit long but Wayman I'd really appreciate if you could share some of your wisdom with me about it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I write essays on here, so it's only fair for me to have to read them, from time to time. :)

      Let's just focus on Moon conjunct Chiron in Cancer in the 10th. This represents a really deep wounding from the world that you're trying to compensate for now. Chiron is something I'm just starting to understand myself. I think it is important and can go just as deep as our Moon as far as insecurities and fears go. The fact that your Moon is conjunct Chiron makes that even truer.

      It's pretty common for people with Moon in the 10th to have been seriously bullied while growing up. This does happen to many kids but it affects 10th House Moon on a very deep level because, somehow, you looked to the world for a comfort you couldn't find at home. And to not get that acceptance was very devastating. With Chiron in the mix, it goes even deeper. You saying you have a fear of social judgment makes a ton of sense because you've always felt so highly vulnerable out in the world. All your emotions and tender spots were exposed and kids can be cruel. And, on some level, you still expect the world to be very cruel and to hurt you and not accept what you're doing with your life.

      You're an amazingly sensitive person and you just need to be willing to share this with the world. It's full of all sorts of people! Just because some judge you or criticize you, bringing back those memories of being bullied or misunderstood, doesn't mean everyone will do this. Don't let it hold you back from what you really want to achieve. And with a Cancer Moon in the 10th, I'd say using intuition, sensitivity, imagination, etc. in your career is the way to go. Psychology would be a great choice because it gives your Chiron a chance to heal others and then vicariously heal yourself.

      Delete
  3. Hi , great post and can you tell me more about my moon in pisces in 10th house ( my 10th house cusp is in aquarius) and this moon is conjunct jupiter

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you please tell me more about cancer moon in 10th house?
    Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Moon is dignified so everything about this post is doubled for you. Whenever a dignified planet is in a house, it's a very strong expression of that placement. I plan on doing an article soon on the dignified planets and how they affect the house.

      Delete