Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Planets in the 7th House: Neptune



Alright, let’s continue with our planets in the 7th House series. We’ve already tackled the Sun and Saturn. Let’s now take a look at people who happen to have their Neptune in the 7th House. As I said in my previous articles, I do believe that there is a certain interdependence involved with the manifestation of planets in the 7th. But, it does not necessarily mean that you cannot exist without being in a committed relationship or without someone by your side. Planets in the 7th House like an equal, reciprocated expression from the other person, in one-on-one interactions. These planets usually express themselves best when faced with someone who embodies that planet’s energy.

Now, what does that mean when it comes to Neptune in the 7th House? Neptune is a blurry kind of planet, often described as lacking clear boundaries. It sometimes doesn’t know where one person ends and the other person begins. So, obviously, that makes things very interesting if Neptune happens to fall in your birth chart’s 7th House. In fact, I might be tempted to say that this is the house where Neptune’s confusion over boundaries can express itself the strongest. The 7th House has to do with how we interact with, cooperate with, and influence other people. So, Neptune is going to completely go with the flow with other people when in the 7th House.

If you have this placement, you definitely aren’t going to be someone who imposes their agenda on other people, at least not in obvious ways. This lack of agenda might be your essential agenda, in the end. But, you have a way of floating along with the social currents that can make it seem like you don’t have much of a will of your own, even if you do. When a situation just involves yourself, you might be very strong-willed. But, when it involves someone else, that willpower can dissolve altogether. You could say that this placement creates a very easily influenced individual. But, you can also say that 7th House Neptune folks find it frighteningly easy to influence other people, as well, to the point of not even knowing that they’re doing it.

Basically, you have a highly intuitive, attuned sense of the other person, in any given social situation. You can not only read them but you can relate to them on a deep level, blurring the lines between what you think and what they think, what you want and what they want. Therefore, a 7th House Neptune person is going to influence people by becoming them. You can also influence others by becoming a sort of blank canvas, onto which nearly anything can be projected. There is a strong sense of ambiguity that people sense when interacting with those with Neptune in their 7th House. You can transmit a million different messages at once or possibly none at all.

But, the way in which your ambiguity and fluidity differs from, say, Neptune in the 1st House is that you require this same sort of multi-faceted style of relating back from other people. This is how your Neptune expresses itself to the fullest. Therefore, when you’re faced with rigid, mundane, one-note kind of people, your Neptune can sort of shrink into itself and have a hard time being expressed. You are most attracted to people who make you feel as if you’re drifting away in some sort of lovely dream. Those who are more realistic, cut-and-dry types can leave your Neptune cold. 



So do people who are harsher or more judgmental. Neptune in the 7th House creates a person who relates to others in a highly uncritical manner, even if there happens to be some strong Virgo action going on. In spite of the flaws you see in others, you aren’t likely to rip them to shreds or take them to task for it. So, it’s disheartening being around people who aren’t able to show the same kind of compassion. Nothing turns off a 7th House Neptune more than a lack of empathy. When faced with this behavior from another person, your Neptune switches off, to the point where you might seem to be rather cold or mean. After all, you are a mirror for other people. But, in the end, this is the kind of pattern that kills your beautiful, magical, humane Neptune’s expression.

Sometimes, there can be some aloofness or unavailability to you, because of this inability to deal with the narrow, nasty behavior of others. You can make yourself out of reach and, therefore, fail to express the otherworldliness of your 7th House Neptune with others. You might feel pressured to discard that ethereal sensibility in order to fit in. However, Neptune has a need to transcend the ordinary and the limiting. So, with Neptune in the 7th House, there must be a sense of transcendence in your interactions with others. You have to fully express Neptune’s qualities, willing to take other people to a higher, lovelier plane. Whoever wants to come with you can come and whoever doesn’t is simply missing out. Don’t let them make you hide your Neptune.

As a result, at your best, there is just something out-of-the-ordinary about interacting with you. People don’t really have regular conversations with you. They are enlightened, transported, taken out of themselves and into a larger, more wonderful reality. It’s no wonder, then, that Neptune in the 7th House people are like a drug for those around them. People feel like they’re accessing some sort of natural high when they’re around you, especially if you’re operating in a really inspired, creative mode. Neptune represents artistry and having Neptune in the house of relating means that you relate to others in a way that an artist would: compassionate, deep, free-flowing, and transformative, changing your “character” based on whoever you happen to be around.

In fact, it’s very likely that you are an artist, with this position, and you make beautiful art for the sole purpose of it having a positive influence on others. There is no ego at all with an artist to a 7th House Neptune. It’s all about how your work will affect and move other people. Neptune is known for having a potential for isolation and solitude. But, this might just be the least solitary house placement for Neptune. Even if you do have a certain solitary air, you never deal with people as if trapped in a vacuum. You don’t want to get lost in your own little world alone. You want to bring other people with you, totally getting lost with them.

Therefore, Neptune in the 7th House people usually prefer to get involved with highly creative types. In your romantic relationships, in particular, there can be a very powerful, psychic merging between you and this significant other. You two can create beautiful art together and envision entirely new worlds. In any case, there needs to be some sense of you living out your relationship in another reality. You love being able to retire with your significant other and totally envelop yourselves in the atmosphere of your making. As a result, 7th House Neptune people are not likely to get involved with people who are overly realistic and worldly. They cannot lack imagination and free spirit. If so, your Neptune will feel unfulfilled and you’ll end up floating in another direction.

Just one thing to watch out for can be a strong habit of overly idealizing relationships. You might live out these partnerships like they are part of some colorful fairy tale. And the other person can be expected to always indulge in these fantasies with you. If not, then you can end up disappointed. You are apt to glamorizing your relationship. But, you will also end up attracting people who you can live out a glamorous relationship with. People with Neptune in the 7th House usually have love affairs that sound more like the plot of a romantic-comedy or a moving drama than something that could actually happen in reality. But, it happens to you, as you have a powerful knack for getting into relationships that seem beautifully, inspiringly fated by the Universe itself. 

17 comments:

  1. That was interesting.I don't have Neptune in the 7th but have Pisces/SN on the 7th. Seems like there is a similar vibe,maybe not so intense.My Neptune is in the 2nd house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! Pisces on the Descendant will have some similar traits. And with the South Node in the 7th, as well, relationships with Pisces-influenced or Neptune-influenced people can feel very fated. You might feel as if you've known them before and/or as if they are a reflection of a lot of your own bad habits and negative karma. But, luckily, with a 7th House South Node, you're a real natural at relationships, too.

      Delete
  2. Hi Wayman! I have Neptune in the 7th House square Sun in the 10th House. Your post is definitely very true to me. It explains why I oftentimes feel so frustrated with my relationships. I don't think I am expressing this Neptune side of me. Thank you so much for your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have venus conjunct neptune in the 7th house and oh boy isn't this accurate. This may seem hilarious but at the age of I0 have idolised this girl at my school from a distance and I had stalker-ish behaviours. I never approached her though, I just watched her and followed her ... very creepy for a 10 year old. I even wanted to track down where she lived so every day after school I would follow her home ... I had to run cause her parent was taking her home with a scooter. Now i'm in college ...and I find that there is so much beauty in every human being that if I get too close ... I'll fall in love with them or vice versa ... and falling in love with multiple people is troublesome. Because of this I have tried to avoid contact with females as much as possible because I have little control over my emotions and I don't want to come off as too nice ... Any advice ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Pluto aspecting your Venus, too? Because I credit Pluto more with obsessing over people and being consumed by that obsession, while Neptune is more about getting lost in other people and falling in love with an idealized image of someone.

      That's a really powerful combination, though. With a 7th House Venus conjunct Neptune, you've got incredible charm, in a magical, elusive sort of way. Don't avoid relationships! This combo gives you something really beautiful to give to other people. And hate to break it to you but you will be a total sweetheart in your relationships, as both Venus and Neptune in the 7th make you really pleasant and appealing on a one-on-one level. But, just find a way to maintain boundaries. Don't be so accommodating that you forget about your own needs. Learn how to say no when necessary.

      Delete
    2. After reading your reply immediately a thought came to my head ..." AWW there's no escape ... i'm doomed" lol .... But yes I have pluto in 5th house and stellium in 7th house. Plus ... the stellium planets all square my scorpio moon. As you can see ..the situation is not pretty ...

      Delete
    3. You're not doomed! All I meant is that we're given the energies we're given through our chart. But, there's always a way to make lemonade out of lemons.

      Delete
  4. Thank You so Much for Writing this. You gave Me so Much Understanding. Have a Lovely Day. Bless You and Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful .Thank you for writing this article .I have Neptune in the 7 th house and moon in Piscies in 11 house .Is hard to be me ..for others i look like i "came from the moon " they see me very sensitive and delicate . Audrey Hepburn type of woman. Thanks good that I have a strong leo sun .
    bless you for your talent .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- What a great article! I definitely have this placement and this all resonates. It really made me smile and created some consciousness around how I am in relationships and what I need. I have my Mars return and the retrograde currently happening, so it's approaching my Neptune (in Libra in my natal 7th house) and then going back over my Natal Mars. That's what prompted me to look up how it would be affecting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Sagittarius DC with Capricorn Venus and Sage Neptune in 7th house. No contact between Venus and Neptune, however, it is opposite my 1st house Gemini Moon. What can you tell about it?

    As with boundaries, I find myself gullible, because when I trust, I give my all.
    I have no problem saying no, however, I have an Aquarian stellium of Sun, Mercury, and Mars.

    I always fall in love with beautiful men who have a strong faith and who exudes compassion and a sense of fun. The Sage DC I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It feels like I found one (out of many) missing pieces of my puzzle. I have pisces on my descendant though, and find myself merging with other people so much that I sometimes dont know who i am. I'm like a sponge, especially with people who inspire me by being in some way authentic. Sometimes I feel like a fraud, like Im not a real person, because my personality is made out of little pieces of other people's personalities. Well, just wanted to say thank you for writing this, Wayman :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Pisces on my DC too, and what you described here is exactly how I feel a lot of times - feeling like I don't actually have a personality, I'm becoming a different person around different people. Even how I talk changes...Or what I like, how I behave, how I feel.
      I've been told that I'm an empath and now I'm trying to learn how to manage not sponging up too much of other peoples stuff. Or how to identify who is me and what is not coming from me, because I got to a point where I don't really know who I am and what I actually want.
      But I loved this article it really made me fall in love with Neptune again :)

      Delete
  9. What if one has venus mars nd neptune in 7 th house ..
    I mean im eager to kno if u can reply me with an answer ..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi stewart,
    I have Neptune conjunct south node in 7th house and it was like looking into the mirror while reading your interpretation. Thanks and keep up the good work...
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. This placement in my opinion is very unpleasant and unlucky.
    My 7th you cusp is in Capricorn, in conjunction with Uranus (in my 6th H) and Neptune (in my 7th H).. Those are all opposite my Sun.. I also have North Node in 7th H (opposite natal Mercury).
    For me Neptune there makes me have high standards and in order to not feel dissapointed by someone I ve fallen for I only have platonic relationships (no real relationship) and there is always some distance (uranus) or I tend to go for the cold-hearted serious guys because they give me most of the things I need.
    I am a lonely type.. I love freedom and I can not get enough of it.
    I wish I didn't have 5th H in scorpio with Pluto in it, Pluto squares Venus and Mars makes me feel very intense and painful emotions. It it was not for that Neptune, Uranus, North Node in 7th H and Saturn in 8th H wouldn't be a problem for me.

    ReplyDelete