Friday, April 24, 2015

Pluto People: Developing Healthy Ruthlessness



There is a reason why Pluto is so feared in many astrology circles: it can do a lot of damage. And having one or more prominent Pluto aspects – meaning having the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, or Mars in major aspect to Pluto (conjunction, square, opposite, sextile, trine) – means that you can potentially do a lot of damage. There is an innate destructiveness to Pluto’s energy. This is where a big part of its tremendous power comes from. When it sets its sight on something, absolutely nothing can stand in its way. With Pluto square my Sun and conjunct my Moon, I should know!

Although I do advise Plutonians to see the light and rise above the lower octave of this energy – the potential obsession with control, manipulation, vindictiveness, paranoia, etc. – I don’t think that this darkness should be discarded altogether. In fact, Pluto’s intense appetite for destruction can be used for good. Negative, toxic, and limiting things can be destroyed as much as things that are lovely and innocent and pure can be destroyed. But, to do both, a certain ruthlessness is needed.

But, I would venture to call the former act an example of “healthy ruthlessness.” The more Pluto affects your chart, the more you’re going to have to come to terms with this idea. Plutonians do not achieve real growth by acting as if they’re totally innocent and harmless, free of any dark impulses. This can be an extreme measure that’s taken, since Pluto can be so all-or-nothing, believing that it’s the only way to overcome the darkness. However, this only causes the Pluto person to become even darker and more destructive. There can be something oddly malevolent about a Plutonian who’s always smiling sweetly and behaving in an absolutely cheerful way all the time. In their attempt to make people less scared of them, they can end up subtly expressing a vibe that’s even scarier, like the serial killer who is singing show tunes as they poison your breakfast cereal.

Now, of course, I’m not saying that Plutonians can’t be happy, positive people. But, this needs to be balanced with some sort of venting of that darkness that they’re so aware of and that they carry around. And this is where the healthy ruthlessness comes in. Pluto people need something to kill, in a way. They need something to annihilate in a positive way, which can usually be achieved through the pursuit of some sort of higher ideal. I say higher ideal because it cannot be for personal glory and ego-fueling power. This is when the Plutonian veers into unhealthy ruthlessness, destroying and harming actual people, as well as boundaries and laws, in order to get what they want.

The higher ideal can be something very spiritual, creative, or interpersonal. Maybe, with Sun-Pluto, your higher ideal is total authenticity and an unapologetic identity. With Moon-Pluto, your higher ideal might be the artistic expression of your emotional depth. Venus-Pluto might have higher ideals when it comes to relating to others and building enriching relationships. Whatever it is, you must be willing to destroy whatever stands in the way of it: the ignorance, fear, denial, hatred, or negative behavioral patterns (of yourself and/or others) that prevent you from reaching this standard.

And whatever Pluto wants to annihilate, it will.

Plutonians are like modern-day versions of Shiva, the Hinduist god who embodies an intertwining of creative and destructive forces. Maybe this is why they can inspire so much intimidation in some people; they know how to break things down, including people. But, the Universe will only support you, dear Pluto person, if you are breaking down in order to build something better. If you’re just destroying for controlling or vengeful pleasure, then what’s the point?

So, tap into your healthy ruthlessness. Use it to serve a higher cause or in ways that will empower or awaken those around you. And don’t waver, flinch, or stop until it’s achieved. 

23 comments:

  1. Excellent! Sun/Pluto here. Makes sense. What would you say for Pluto/Uranus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Uranus-Pluto, by itself, is more about generational attitudes and trends than the individual. Yet, if Uranus or Pluto aspects two or more of your personal planets, you feel those energies on a very individual, personal level, as well.

      Delete
  2. Nice article! How about Pluto aspecting the Ascendant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It definitely plays a part. Pluto in aspect to one of the angles can be felt pretty personally, as well, but you'll direct it toward the life area of the angle. So, for you, it'd be your persona and the way you approach new situations and people. You can carry and project yourself in Pluto ways and turn it on when you need to.

      Delete
  3. Hello,

    I have Sun conjunct Pluto, Sun in Scorpio, and Moon in 8th House aspects. Pluto (Scorpio) is intense and 'scary' because obsessively, it digs deeper part of ourselves, bringing our unknown, hidden, darker, and fearful qualities of ours to the surface. After the said qualities get recognized and accepted, Pluto recreates the 'new' us based on those.

    Currently Pluto is transiting my 1st House and the shredding is extremely slow yet painful. It's not easy, but I understand that I have to let myself experience the self-transformation. The process is indeed messy, but when let the process go for better purposes, the ending is usually beautiful.

    Thank you for the well-written article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moon (Aquarius) trine Pluto (Libra) here and I've only just figured out that I tend to freak people out; don't mean to, just give off a certain vibe I guess. Either they're intimidated or end up telling me their life story, no in-between. Love your Pluto articles, have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moon (Aquarius) trine Pluto (Libra) here and I've only - in the past couple years - figured out why people are wonky around me. I either hear a person's life story or they get weirdly defensive. Had to do quite a bit of reading about Pluto energy before it started to make more sense to me. Great article:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rising, sun, moon and Neptune in Scorpio
    Pluto aspects every planet but Mars......great article very informative......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sun square Pluto, Venus trine Pluto, Mercury sextile Pluto, Mars conjunct pluto and Pluto and Mars both in the 8th house. I don't know if I'm a Plutonian but it makes sense. Very helpful article. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, yes. Haha, you absolutely are Plutonian, with all those placements. That phrase just means that you have a strong Pluto influence, through major planets in Scorpio, major Pluto aspects, and/or 8th House placements. So, you definitely fit the bill.

      Delete
  8. Moon/Pluto conjunct in Leo in 8th/9th respectively .. Scorpio Sun, Mercury in Scorpio in 12th. Pluto is now squaring my natal Venus along with Uranus which is Opposing it. I'm getting a real one-two punch with this one and it's absolutely terrifying, making me question my marriage of 30 years and almost obsessive interest in another man. I have not acted on this but Pluto is really messing with my mind and making me absolutely miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing. And everyone as i pove reading comments too that i can relate with and find interesting

    ReplyDelete
  10. For such a short blog post, the depth of understanding is fascinating, true to the Plutonian spirit. My Scorpio Pluto squares my stellar conjunctions (Saturn,Venus,Mercury,Sun) at Aquarius/Pisces cusp; trines my Pisces moon and Libra ascendant; as well as making a sextile to my Capricorn Neptune/Uranus conjunction. With half of my aspects are Plutonian; I find this post relatable and absolutely illuminating. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have pluto in the first house in scoprio, my asc is in late libra (27,something), pluto squaring my venus in the 10th house. Is this intense , and felt by others more?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice,my sign is cancer,AS Gemini but I recently discovered that I'm plutonian with pluto conjuct AS,pluto trine sun,moon,Mercury. Pluto in scorpio ,pluto sextile uranus,neptune in 8th house And pluto square Saturn,MD,semisquare mars. Also moon I have in pisches and sun and Mercury in cancer.
    For what do you use your power people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life in general. Its easy once you find purpose. Knew my purpose since birth.
      BANG!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  13. Pluto conjunct midheaven in the 10th house 1) attempted murder of my career three separate times......domineering/jealous/sadistic parents. 3) Probable life/death issues for me and/or my mother at birth. She's got a Mars in Scorpio too, so she's never talked about it....learned from regressive therapy.

    I have a moon conjunct my Uranus, which means it's probable that I was illegitimate and my public father is/was not my biological father.

    Neptune, Mars, North node and Ascendant are in Scorpio in the 12th, and in equal house system Jupiter is in there too. I use divination and metaphysics in my life. Also was a very good athlete when young stemming from Mars there and a Sagittarius first house.

    Had to learn astrology and found out I was Plutoninan to get some semblance of explanation for what's happened in my life.

    There's pretty big depression a good portion of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have sun sextile pluto,pluto conjunction ascendant, mars square pluto, Jupiter square pluto, Uranus sextile pluto, pluto square mc, saturn trine pluto, pluto square nodes, pluto sextile lilith, Scorpio rising, and pluto in 1st house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you point out the positive aspect of having Pluto as part of your aspect can be a positive thing.
    Mine is Sun conjunction Pluto, Moon conjunction Pluto, and minor ones like Uranus sextile Pluto and Saturn Trine Pluto
    It's also part of my zodiac sign location which is Sagittarius in accordance to my time, location, and the day of my birth though I'm not sure if it means anything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nicely put about Plutonians. Sun/Venus conjunct Pluto, Moon opp. Pluto, Pluto trine AS and Midheaven, minor aspect Neptune sextile Pluto and Uranus in Scorpio. Pluto in 5th house (where I have a stellium). Gloomy times I have lived, mind was in some dark places, bad humour, critical, cynicism and sarcasm represented me. Paranoia, thinking everybody wanted to take advantage of me, fiercely private and found it hard to let go of things. I was afraid people would not like me with good or bad. Obsessive behaviour, people or things related. It took me quite a while to understand some things about myself and accept them, especially bad ones. I'm now in my late 30's and have progressed a lot. It is amazing how good it feels to let go, relax a bit and be more easy going and open. I still like my privacy, but I give people chances if I find good ones. And don't jump to conclusions anymore, thinking the worst about them. I take one step at a time, getting to know them. I certainly encourage plutonians to search within, the answer has always been there. The light at the end of tunnel is waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete