Monday, June 29, 2015

Planets in the 7th House: Pluto




Well, here we are. We’ve reached the final planet in the Planets in the 7th House series and I’ve saved the most infamous one for last: Pluto. People are endlessly fascinated with Pluto. So, why don’t we explore what happens when you have Pluto in your 7th House. If having Pluto in the 1st House is like a solo trip to the Underworld, Pluto in the 7th House expects to have someone to accompany them through the fiery pit. That’s sort of like romance for those with this placement: going through Hell together. Obviously, this can become self-destructive, which is the downside of Pluto. But, it takes two to tango in the 7th House. So, who exactly is doing the destroying?

A 7th House Pluto person’s relationships can get very dark, if they allow them to. This is an influence that really makes a person want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly about the person that they’re with. And that doesn’t have to just be a romantic partner. It can be their best friend or their business partner; whoever they’re in close, one-on-one association with. In knowing all of your dark parts, they get to know all of their dark parts. As I’ve said throughout this whole series, 7th House planets reflect each other, back and forth, to a point where it might become difficult to recognize just who is doing what in the relationship.

So, there is often an (unhealthy) expectation of darkness and turmoil and drama in one’s personal relationships. If you think that a 1st House Pluto person might be hostile or feel like people are out to get them, they often don’t hold a candle to 7th House Pluto people. The 7th House is the house of other people. And if you have this placement, you constantly see the ugliness in other people. But, this can also make you constantly see the ugliness in yourself. To a certain degree, you want this and to a certain degree, you don’t. Pluto’s influence can be scarily overwhelming. And when it’s in the 7th House, your relationships can consume you and possess you and bring out a side of you that’s just terrifying. This might be why it’s easier to just resist involvement in relationships.

Persephone and Hades by Jynette Tigner

Another reason is because you give your absolute all to others. Pluto in the 7th House makes you pull out all the stops, even when it concerns casual friendships. There’s really nothing “casual” about relationships to you, even if you might have a strong Air influence. You can be light and breezy and cool about everything else. But, relationships? That’s kind of life-or-death for you. So, you want other people who are just as all-or-nothing about connecting as you are. This is what you expect and when you don’t get it, you can be really devastated and heartbroken. Others might be surprised at the reactions of a 7th House Pluto person to what they saw as not a big deal. But, for you, everything in your relationships are loaded with meaning and depth and smoldering passion.

At least, they should be. If not, you’re going to feel pretty empty. When our 7th House planets don’t receive from others what they give to them, it throws them off balance. And for Pluto, which can already be very unbalanced, if you let it, this can make relationships deeply upsetting. It’s quite common for Pluto in the 7th House people to be so selective with lovers, in particular, that they have very few of them. When you don’t get that intensity from others, you don’t feel intensely about them. And when you don’t feel intensely about them, why even bother? Pluto in the 7th House people can actually come off as very nonchalant, casual, and cool when they’re not engaged in deep relationships. You might even seem very superficial and feel that way, cursing yourself for it.

You’re not superficial, though, and you need to learn to first find those depths within. This is the mistake that Pluto in the 7th House individuals end up making. They crave intensity from others so much that they confuse upsetting, traumatic intensity with healthy passion. So, you’ll find yourself in one very dysfunctional relationship after another but believing somehow that this is okay because at least you’re feeling something! At least life isn’t boring! In fact, a strong Pluto influence in the chart, in any way, can instill this belief. But, with Pluto in this house, it can really manifest on an one-on-one level. You can also find yourself being a major source of the dysfunction, getting bogged down in unhealthy patterns because you prefer this constant turbulence over emptiness.

Instead, those with Pluto in their 7th House need to be able to heal themselves within, understanding the difference between healthy and unhealthy passion. When you do so, you know that you’re bringing a very appealing intensity to the table that is about depth not drama. And you can weed out those who just bring the drama to your life. Pluto represents healing and transformation. So, this placement indicates that personal relationships will be a great catalyst for change and heightened awareness for you. Pluto in the 7th House people will commonly report that they no longer conduct relationships the way they used to. You have the power to go from being a very destructive influence in people’s lives to someone who is a very healing, empowering influence.

Yet, the road to that empowerment will often involve some brutal honesty. 7th House Pluto people can be quite fierce when they’re relating to others, which might not be something that’s evident right off the bat. You like getting right to the core of the truth with other people, not minding if you awaken something in them that makes them uncomfortable or unsettled. Pluto in the 7th House is definitely provocative. Not in the shocking, unpredictable way that Uranus in the 7th provokes. It’s more so about stirring up deep feelings, as you know that this is the way that transformation is achieved. So, if some people have to get angry at you for it or hate you for it, you can be accepting of it. What you’re doing is not cruel, though. You just know that you sometimes have to bring painful things up with other people in order to make them stronger, wiser, deeper individuals.

You’re also really good to have around whenever someone is going through Hell themselves. This should be how your Pluto in the 7th travels through the Underworld with others. You shouldn’t take them to Hell or associate with people who take you down there. You just need to be fully present whenever they’re going through it. With your perceptive insights and strength, you’re an incredible resource for others. This is true of friendships and this is especially true of romantic partnerships. Pluto in the 7th House is absolutely going to be there for their significant other through thick and thin. For you, this is the essence of relationships: surviving all of the tough times together.

Your romances will usually start off on a pretty hot and heavy note. Passion has to be present, right from the start. Pluto is a notoriously sexy, seductive planet. So, there’s usually no shame with a 7th House Pluto if the sex happens really early. It’s about going as deeply as possible with your partner and figuring out everything about them. In most cases, this can turn people with this placement into private detectives, snooping around to learn as much about the other person as possible. The first time you visit their place, your first move will probably be to do some investigating. For this reason, Google will also be your best friend. But, you enjoy this process, especially since you’re so drawn to people who are very mysterious and have an amazing depth that begs to be explored.

Relationships progress with great intensity and your partners are usually as ferociously committed as you are. This is why it’s very common for Pluto in the 7th House people to get very serious with their partners very quickly. You might virtually move in together right away and even get married after a short period of time. But, this usually isn’t about spontaneity and impulse. It’s not a “whirlwind” love affair. It’s more so about saying to each other, “Let’s be as committed as possible. Let’s completely be a part of each other’s lives.” The one who will ultimately win your heart is the one who will not hesitate and totally throw themselves into the relationship along with you.

19 comments:

  1. With me having my natal Pluto In the 7th house ....does this give me some sort or magnetism when it come to attracting partners? I hate superficial relationship with a passion. I crave a close connection with whom ever I'm in a relationship with. Ive noticed that when I'm in a l
    Relationship .....I turn into a totally different person. Nothing is taken lightly. It's like I'm obsessed with my partner in a sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes this is me with Pluto In my 7th house. Too Intense yes! Gosh it's got to be hard for the people closest to me... But they Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, I love the balance of positive and negative that you provided in this. Now, I have a deeper overstanding of what it is that I need to work on to have a successful union with a man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this is only with Pluto, I can't imagine throwing a triple conjunction to the mix: Sun,Mars and Venus with Pluto (all in the 7th and in Libra). Any tips for that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this placement in Scorpio, opposing my venus in taurus. Even though this placement created so many difficulties as a adolescent. I can honestly say I have seen so much progress since then. Like the article says, I use to cause destruction to my partners and people I am close to. One of the main reasons for my destruction was because I feared the world when I was on my own, I wanted someone to protect me. Now I have transformed and I see how much I positively influence people. It is like I am their rock and example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Pluto, Mercury, Sun, Uranus, in the 7th house, my husband's Jupiter is conjunct my sun. We have been married 35 years and met when I was 17. Our live has been quite an adventure and I would not change a single second of it. I am so grateful and I know I met my soul mate and have been blessed with living the true blessing of having Pluto in the 7th house

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it true it's only Scorpio Suns that can handle our intensity Wayman. Does it mean it's only a Scorpio sun as a choice relationship-wise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could definitely end up with a Scorpio Sun. But, I think anybody with a personal planet in Scorpio - Moon, Venus, Mars - or even Saturn or the North Node in Scorpio would be a great match. Also, people with a strong Pluto influence, in general.

      Delete
  8. in 7th house Saturn Rahu, and Pluto...plz tell about me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. in 7th house Saturn Rahu, and Pluto...plz tell about me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you can check out Wayman's articles for the past on the same series

      Delete
  10. Hi Wayman, thanks for this series. Now i understand them a bit more. I have Scorpio descendant, with Uranus, Moon and Saturn in my 7th house. Every planet which you mention describe perfectly how I view and expect of others. Uranus vs Moon, Uranus vs Saturn appearing together can be quite contradicting at times tough. I guess I need to continue to grow in this area. Perhaps that explained why I am still single, because there were so many "requirements" I expect of my life partner. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "So, you’ll find yourself in one very dysfunctional relationship after another but believing somehow that this is okay because at least you’re feeling something!"

    This is so dead on!

    Things always started out so sweetly, and then quickly it all fell to shit, again and again and again. Little doe-eyed me just couldn't realize why it would always go so bad! Now in hindsight, it's so easy to see how much of the dysfunction of the relationships were also based in my own jealousies and insecurities.

    You are so very right in saying that the healing has to come from within. As soon as we can let go of that craving for that deep connection with the other, and make that connection within, that's when the true healing happens.

    And only from a new place of rebirth can we be ready for Mr. Right who will come passing by at just the right time.

    Thanks for this incredible insight!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think having two placements myself in the 7th House give me a different perspective on it. So, yes, the true balance has to come from finding that energy within and being okay with it, building a relationship with yourself that's not reliant on anyone else. Only then can we find the true fulfillment with someone else that we seek.

      It's the corny old adage that you have to love yourself before you can be loved. But, it's much truer for 7th House people and what we have to love is what the planet represents. So, you definitely should heal yourself and own and accept your dark side. Then, you can find passionate, deep relationships, instead of destructive ones.

      Delete
  12. Wow! This is so true about me in relationships. But for some reason, I find myself instantly attracted to men with the element of fire in their natal charts. I am a Libra and pluto is in my 7th house along with my sun sign. I notice that I can make a Leo, Aries or Sag a little cray cray... LOL. I am only open to having healthy relationships in my future. Thank you for writing this because I found this very helpful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is so true about me in relationships. But for some reason, I find myself instantly attracted to men with the element of fire in their natal charts. I am a Libra and pluto is in my 7th house along with my sun sign. I notice that I can make a Leo, Aries or Sag a little cray cray... LOL. I am only open to having healthy relationships in my future. Thank you for writing this because I found this very helpful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi , even i have sun and pluto in 7th house , and i am 27 years old, i am single and didnt have a gf ever in my life. i am very selective in choosing a girl as i belief in arranged marriage.can u share ur view abt ur life ....my facebook id is https://www.facebook.com/pankajtak?ref=bookmarks.kindly add me ,

      Delete
  14. hi , even i have sun and pluto in 7th house , and i am 27 years old, i am single and didnt have a gf ever in my life. i am very selective in choosing a girl as i belief in arranged marriage.can u share ur view abt ur life ....my facebook id is https://www.facebook.com/pankajtak?ref=bookmarks.kindly add me ,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pankaj,
    My love life is currently under construction. Lol. I have been attracting emotionally unavailable men. I just got out of a serious relationship that ended badly but on a good note forced me to look within myself. I started studying my birth chart and am starting to see the patterns that was keeping me stuck and unhappy. I kept attracting men who felt like they needed to control me and financially take care of me. I on the other hand desire to be self reliant and independent while in a relationship - And still experience joy and balance because I'm a Libra. I can go on and on about my self discovery journey but I hope you find your true love.

    Love and Light!
    Iesha

    ReplyDelete