Thursday, August 18, 2016

Express Yourself in the 5th House



I have a habit of checking the stats for my articles and I notice that my article on signs and planets in the 5th House is consistently one of the most read articles on my blog. I wondered for a while why that is and now I know why. The 5th House tells you who you are! And many of us are interested in knowing just what it is that makes us uniquely “us”. The 5th House supports your Sun sign/house/aspects, in this sense. It’s my theory that if you’re going to look to a house that tells you about your “sense of self”, you look to the 5th. The 1st just tells you how you behave, take action, and carry yourself. But, a great deal of your identity will be found in your 5th House sign and/or planet. However, your most essential identity is your Sun. It will always be more powerful, in this sense, unless it’s actually in the 5th House, as well. I guess you could just say that the 5th House is the way that this identity is expressed and is consequently a very authentic part of you.

With my 5th House in Gemini, I have noticed that every time I describe myself, I list the ways in which I am contradictory: “I’m this but I’m that, I’m that and I’m also this”. Gemini is the sign of contradiction, which is what I always call myself. But, it took me a long time to put that together. I do feel like a significant part of my authentic self-expression relies on being Gemini-like. I don’t feel like myself unless I can speak freely, think clearly, be witty and clever, and allow myself to be changeable. Therefore, my Leo Sun energy and so much of my chart ends up getting expressed in these multifaceted and intellectual ways. The 5th House is the self-expression that comes from your heart, even if it is logical or practical, and this leads you to really feel connected to yourself.

So, more than ‘children’, more than ‘romance’, more than ‘creativity’ even (all the easy buzzwords of the 5th House), I think we should look at whatever is in our 5th House – whether you have planets there or an empty 5th with only a sign on the cusp – as a signal to how you are capable of shining as your true self. It’s why our 5th House energies are so front-and-center when we’re children. This is when we’re most spontaneously “ourselves.” But, as time goes on, our light can dim and we can be afraid to shine, lest we be criticized, judged, rejected, ridiculed, or outshined. So, your 5th House isn’t automatic. Sometimes, it may be a bit buried, repressed, or neglected. But, you have to let it out. So, forget all of those insecurities! This house has no room for that. Just rest in the center of the expression of your 5th House sign and/or planet(s). In the end, this is the source of the legendary creativity of this house: it’s how we create and manifest ourselves.

Something that I have also realized lately is that, in an occupied house in the birth chart, the planet(s) become more powerful and important than the sign on the house cusp. So, those of you with planets in the 5th, you will probably relate more to the description of the planet in that house, while the sign on the cusp will just supplement that. 





5th House in Aries and/or Mars in the 5th House
I am a warrior. I shine when I’m self-reliant and I fully express myself by being courageous, explosive, and not backing down from whatever I want.

5th House in Taurus
I am a stabilizer. I shine when I’m grounded and I fully express myself by being level-headed, patient, and sticking to the routines that make me feel secure.

5th House in Gemini and/or Mercury in the 5th House
I am a paradox. I shine when I’m unpredictable and I fully express myself by being intelligent, witty, and always having something interesting to say.

5th House in Cancer and/or Moon in the 5th House
I am a protector. I shine when I’m instinctual and I fully express myself by being intuitive, supportive, and by either revealing my insecurities and fears or guarding them closely.

5th House in Leo and/or Sun in the 5th House
I am a star. I shine when I’m strong-willed and I fully express myself by being self-confident, charismatic, and entertaining whoever is watching with my creativity and light.

5th House in Virgo
I am an organizer. I shine when I’m meticulous and I fully express myself when I am intellectual, down-to-earth, and use my hard-earned skills to be useful and helpful.

5th House in Libra and/or Venus in the 5th House
I am a charmer. I shine when I’m polite and I truly express myself when I am fair, graceful, and eager to spread harmony and love around to everyone.

5th House in Scorpio and/or Pluto in the 5th House
I am a transformer. I shine when I’m profound and I truly express myself when I am passionate, perceptive, and willing to maintain an element of mystery.

5th House in Sagittarius and/or Jupiter in the 5th House
I am an adventurer. I shine when I’m larger-than-life and I truly express myself by being philosophical, free, and always eager to embark on a new journey.

5th House in Capricorn and/or Saturn in the 5th House
I am a workhorse. I shine when I’m ambitious and I truly express myself by being self-disciplined, dependable, and intent on persevering through whatever obstacles are in front of me.

5th House in Aquarius and/or Uranus in the 5th House
I am an oddball. I shine when I’m quirky and my authentic self-expression comes from being independent, mentally gifted, and tolerant of others’ ideas and perspectives.

5th House in Pisces and/or Neptune in the 5th House
I am a chameleon. I shine when I’m empathic and my authentic self-expression comes from being intuitive, imaginative, and tapped into a higher spiritual awareness.


16 comments:

  1. The one happy coincidence: 5th cusp gemini, actual gemini sun (4th).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got mars AND Saturn transiting this house currently. It's like sometimes I get an impulse to express myself and then other times I'm afraid to so I hold back.
    Also, about your Gemini in the 5th house, do you ever feel like you're expressing a big part of you when you write? Or do you write just to write? Just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey yes being a writer is a big part of my identity. It has been since I was nine and discovered my love of writing. I have always done it in some form or another: blogging, journaling, freelance writing, writing screenplays and stage plays and poetry. That is def my Gemini in the 5th.

      Also, in relation to that, when Saturn transited my 5th House, I was in middle school and I became so serious about writing. I would spend the majority of my free time just doing creative writing, like it was my job, while other kids my age would be playing video games or whatever else.

      I really disciplined myself to improve my creative talent then, which is funny looking back because I was just 11 or 12. It really gave me a foundation for the writer I have become as an adult. I think this is the purpose of Saturn transiting the 5th: working hard at your creative skills, sometimes to the exclusion of all else.

      And creative skills do not have to be artistic. Its anything you do that involves making something out of nothing, having a vision and having the will to do it. Thats what Saturn wants you to focus on now.

      Delete
  3. Interesting article as always I LOVE IT !!! I'M A VIRGO 5TH HOUSE CUSP WITH SUN AND JUPITER IN THE 5TH HOUSE LIBRA I WAS CONFUSED AT FIRST BECAUSE I DIDN'T REALLY KNOW WHICH HOUSE REPRESENT OUR TRUE IDENTITY AND SENSE OF SELF THE FIRST HOUSE OR THE FIFTH HOUSE NOW I KNOW IT'S DEFINITELY THE 5TH HOUSE AND I ALWAYS FELT THAT THE PLANETS IN MY FIFTH HOUSE ARE MORE POWERFUL AND IMPORTANT THAN MY 5TH HOUSE CUSP SIGN SO I RELATE MORE TO THE PLANET DESCRIPTION THANKS !!¡!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Saturn in pisces in my 5th - which feels strange and illusory to me. Its also the tip of my grand trine kite, opposite uranus in virgo, 11th house. Could you please explain this to me? Really grateful- I feel like no one can get to the heart of the matter like you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Saturn in pisces in my 5th - which feels strange and illusory to me. Its also the tip of my grand trine kite, opposite uranus in virgo, 11th house. Could you please explain this to me? Really grateful- I feel like no one can get to the heart of the matter like you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bro wayman,do you have other social media to follow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wayman! What happens if my 5th house is at the 29.5 degree of pisces and much of the area of my 5th house is at Aries? Does the aries energy outweigh the pisces? I feel I hv both though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same question:) 2with diffrenet signs lol

      Delete
  8. I have the Sun and Venus in Virgo in my 5th house. What does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah, *spot on*!!! I have Scorpio on my 5th house cusp and Mars, Pluto, Jupiter in 5th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely can relate to both the descriptions for 5th house in Aquarius and 5th house in Pisces. My Pisces sun is in the 5th house and I have Aquarius on the cusp. Thanks for this amazing article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also my Mercury like my 5th house cusp is in Aquarius so maybe that contributes to my being quirky.

      Delete
  12. Hello Mr. Stewart, I am also a Gemini Sun in 5th house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I have a Leo fifth house but with Chiron retrograde sitting in it
    I notice you don't have much in your blog about Chiron, I'm wondering what your opinion is about the asteroids and how they influence the lessons learned through the houses? And if you have time how this would influence identity expression through the 5th
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete