Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Grand Trine



A Grand Trine is relatively uncommon and a real gift in the birth chart. It occurs when there is a trine between three placements in a person’s chart. For me, the Grand Trine definitely only occurs when all three placements are within the same Element. For example, if someone has their Moon in Scorpio trine Mars in Cancer trine Ascendant in Pisces, they have a Grand Trine in Water, as these signs are all Water signs. Also, remember, the trine needs to happen between all three placements, meaning that, in this case, the Moon must be trine Mars and the Ascendant, while the Ascendant must be trine Mars. They all need to be the same Element because the Grand Trine gives a person an endless flow of that Element’s energy. That’s what a trine is: it’s when the energy between two planets are in a constantly fluid exchange. Since we’re dealing with a Grand Trine here, that flow basically just never stops!

What happens, then, is that a person with a Grand Trine becomes a very powerful representation of that Element’s energy. Whether it’s by being highly spirited (Fire), intellectual (Air), emotional (Water), or grounded (Earth), the Grand Trine means that there is virtually no bounds to the person’s ability to channel this elemental force. But, of course, that can also become a problem! There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. So, if you’ve been praised and applauded for that glorious Grand Trine in Fire in your chart, don’t forget about the potential con’s, as well. Sure, you may be wonderfully courageous, self-confident, passionate, and active but you can also be terribly self-involved and self-serving, as well. All that Fire could end up burning others and/or yourself!

The thing about the trine is that it’s difficult to turn off. It is always “on”. This can be the potential challenge of just a trine aspect, in and of itself, in your chart. But, when it’s a part of a Grand Trine, it is even more of a challenge! Yet, of course, there are definitely positive qualities about having a Grand Trine. It is almost as if the positive traits of the Element involved in the Grand Trine are like superpowers that you can call on whenever you need to. And they are already highly developed. You came into this life deeply understanding the Element of your Grand Trine and being a complete natural at it. That’s why it’s important to also not take these gifts for granted and to use them wisely. As always, powers that are misused will end up coming back around to you negatively. 



Grand Trine in Fire
You are absolutely dynamic, passionate, and willful; a real force to be reckoned with. Having a Fire Grand Trine means that you are constantly burning up on the inside with this deep sense of urgency. You always have your eye on the prize and have the gusto and the gumption needed to go after that prize! But, you can be very presumptuous, in this way, automatically assuming you will win the game. You can be ferociously competitive, to the point of forgetting the pleasure of the game. It can become too much about being the best, having the most, or coming in first place. This can make you very childish in the sense of feeling like your desires are the most important. You also can display extreme, outrageous impatience that ultimately prevents you from getting what you want. Therefore, you need to learn just how to channel and direct all of this fire. You must use it as a fuel that makes you unstoppable, instead of making you an explosion waiting to happen.

Grand Trine in Earth
You have an amazingly solid head on your shoulders and the ability to keep both feet steadily on the ground. The Earth Grand Trine gives you the gift of being supremely down-to-earth and sensible, as well as delightfully sensual. You have a very centered nature and are able to manage your resources very well and pursue your goals without ever considering giving up. But, it’s also all too easy for you to become stuck in a rut. In fact, you might not even realize that you’re stuck because you cling so much to whatever or whoever will bring you security. Your consistency is, therefore, one of your best and worst traits. Also, you can be so intent on accumulating and achieving that you regard everything as a goal, to a degree that can be overly possessive or really calculating. Your earthy nature needs to be managed in a way that allows you to create a solid reality for yourself and maintain your stability but without getting overly attached to results or the status quo.

Grand Trine in Air
You are an ever-fascinating whirlwind of information, ideas, jokes, and questions. Your Grand Trine in Air gives you insatiable curiosity about everything and everyone around you, as well as a very bright, shrewd, and objective mind that allows you to take in and process everything brilliantly. You are a really cerebral individual and know how to start a great conversation with virtually anyone. At the same time, you might just be all talk and little to no walk. It’s often much preferable for you to just discuss things than actually do them. This is why you can also be wildly inconsistent and unpredictable, changing your mind every five minutes, breaking off old plans, and following your every whim. Your objectivity can also turn into a detachment that’s so cool that you forget about a more personal, emotional view. You are such an avid, restless thinker and you need to be able to express this energy in a way that keeps you full of ideas without being full of hot air. Your gift of brainstorming and seeing multiple perspectives should be expressed as a keen intellect, instead of extreme fickleness or lack of emotion.

Grand Trine in Water
Highly sensitive and responsive, you have a deep well of feelings and reflective thoughts going on inside of you. Your inner life can have a really rich, beautiful kind of poetry to it. This extreme emotional awareness leads you to care a lot about others and to seek to have a profound connection to them. You are ever-available to support people, comfort them, and engage in the sharing of feelings. At the same time, you can get so wrapped up in all of these feelings that you display ironic guardedness or defensiveness. Being as sensitive as you are, you have a fear of being hurt that no form of logic seems to soothe or get rid of. You can also be frustratingly indirect, passive-aggressive, and manipulative, seeming to want others to read your mind or feeling like you should be reading theirs. This only creates a serious lack of emotional and psychological boundaries, getting you caught up in a very draining dynamic of moods, resentments, and needs. You must find a way to exercise your strong emotional intelligence that won’t become co-dependent or unhealthy. It’s great that you care so much and feel so much. But, don’t get sucked down into the abyss of emotion, whether it’s yours or others’, which will help you take a lot less personally.

9 comments:

  1. I had been waiting for this for ages! It is interesting to know that even grand trine has some bad in itself. Looking forward to read about grand cross.Thank you, Wayman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grand cross? Oh boy. Haha and to think that I once worried about running out of things to write about on here. Astrology is so endless.

      Delete
  2. Hmm. I just now realised I have a grand trine in Earth, but I can't say I see that I have any 'earthy' superpowers. If anything, I've had trouble staying grounded my whole life. I feel like I've had to work very hard to learn how to be centered, manage daily life without being overwhelmed, and to achieve concrete success at any goals - and I feel very far from successful in any of these areas. But the downside, clinging to security and getting stuck in ruts ... yup, I see that. Hmm. Maybe I just haven't embraced this part of myself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might also relate more to the House Element that the Grand Trine is in than the sign. So if your Grand Trine is in Water houses (which kind of sounds like the case), you may feel more Watery than Earthy.

      Delete
    2. That's the thing. My houses are in their natural signs, so it's Earth all the way. I'm thinking that it's due to the specific planets involved. One of my grand trine planets is Chiron in Tau/2nd, and another, Jupiter, shares the 6th house with Saturn. I've always felt deeply inadequate, fearful, and at times hopeless when it comes to money and practical matters. HOWEVER, I am aware that the chief way I've gotten better in these areas is by embracing small steps (completely anathema to me when I was younger) and accepting my (seemingly constant) mess-ups. It's become a practice that I've accepted will continue for the rest of my life. And I actually have come to derive a great deal of confidence in myself from the expectation that I will always be getting better in this area. Could this be a thing? Do you ever need to 'grow into' your Grand Trine powers, particularly when Saturn is in any way involved?

      Delete
  3. Interesting topic!
    I have Sun and Pluto in Sagittarius, which tribes my Saturn in Aries, and they all trine my ascendant in Leo, as well. I don't really see myself as very high spirited and confident, but I AM very independent! I remember reading somewhere else that if you have an opposition and some textiles occurring in the grand trine, it creates a kite and really helps to balance things out. In my case, my uranus in Aquarius opposes my ascendant and textiles my Sun, Saturn and Pluto.
    Also, I was really close to having a grand earth trine. My mars in Virgo tribes Jupiter in capricorn. My moon in Taurus tribes my mars but is too far away in degrees to form a trine to my Jupiter. Still, having an abundance of Earth in my chart definitely calms down my fire and helps me to stay grounded. I'm often told by people that I am mature, responsible and level-headed, and very hard working. Something that's strange though is that I'm not the greatest at handling money. Finances confuse the he'll out of me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I wrote this comment on a kindle fire and it's changing my words. I meant “trine" and “sextile"

      Delete
  4. I have earth grand trine in water houses. Moon, venus, southnode in 4th, chiron in 8th, mars in 12th house. Im trying to future out its role in my life and how i can utilize it! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can chiron and the north node be involved in a grand trine?

    ReplyDelete