Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Future of Astrology Arena



I wanted to write this because this has been on my mind a lot recently and I also feel the need to officially share this news. As I’ve been wrapping up my Uranus in the houses series, I’d been thinking about what I wanted to do next on the blog. I have been running Astrology Arena for three and a half years now. I’ve grown so much throughout this time, going from writing short, simple articles to in-depth profiles that not only allowed you guys to understand astrology more but helped me understand astrology a lot more, as well. I’ve shared quite a bit about myself and, in the process, had a breakthrough that led to understand myself a lot more through a far more accurate chart. I also started my practice of doing readings, which obviously helped me a great deal in terms of understanding astrology more. And even my style of doing readings has grown a lot, going from various forms of written readings to the video readings I’m doing now.

I have also done one series after the next, pretty much discussing all of the crucial information you need to know about astrology: the planets in the signs and houses, the chart ruler/Rising signs, Jupiter, Saturn, the houses themselves, the Midheaven, the North Node. I mean, it’s exhausting to sit back and think about all that I’ve written about. So, I’m at a point where, in terms of this blog, I’ve really done it all. Sure, I can continue to write about various things. But, now, it’s starting to feel like it’s growing stale. I definitely don’t want to remain stagnant. I want to keep growing and if I keep up the same grind of writing on this blog, I don’t think that I will keep growing.

So, I have decided that I will stop writing articles on here by September. I will close out my Uranus in the houses series with Uranus in the 10th and do a handful more articles for August. I like the idea of getting to my 370th post. In numerology, 370 is a 1 number, meaning that it is a new beginning. So, that’s fitting, especially since I just turned 28 and I’m now going through a 1 year. The last time I did, I felt myself going through a lot of changes and beginning a new chapter. I’m feeling a similar way right now. It also seems like perfect timing because Jupiter will move into my 9th House next month. Instead of the stereotypical yearning to “go traveling” (although I am entertaining a move sometime during this transit), I am more so looking forward to doing a lot of growing and expanding as a person. Jupiter going direct in my 8th has allowed me to clearly understand my power a lot more these days. I want to use that power to propel me forward.

Now, this does not mean that I won’t be doing astrology at all anymore. Far from it, actually. I will still be doing videos on my YouTube channel on various astrological topics and I want to start focusing on doing what I can to make it grow (so if you still haven’t subscribed, go ahead and do it). I would love to use my channel to collaborate with other astrologers, as well. I will definitely still be doing my video readings and my e-mail consultations with people, as well. But, I will be creating a website for myself as an astrologer where I can advertise and sell these services. Let’s face it: it’s more legit to conduct your business through a website than a blog. It was fine when I first started out. But, this is one of the ways that I want to expand. And I will definitely share the website name and link with you once it’s done, which will be sometime by the end of the month.

In addition to this, I will also be still selling and writing e-books, which you will also be able to purchase through my website. My Descendant e-book will still be available. Another e-book that I want to do is basically a collection of all of the crucial information on this blog. So, a big book of astrology featuring my articles on the Sun, Moon, chart ruler, Midheaven, North Node, houses, etc. I’m obviously going to have to do plenty of editing, condensing, and re-writing. But, as far as my e-books, it is my next project and I hope to have it done within the next couple of months. Also, I want to do an e-book about all of the Sun-Moon combinations but I’ll be working on that after my comprehensive astrology e-book.

And the reason why I want to make and sell that book is because I will be taking this blog down soon after I stop doing articles; maybe October or so. I will probably still need it up for a little to be able to create traffic and attract people to my readings. But, hopefully, I will build enough of an online presence soon so where I won’t need to keep it up (that will also probably mean getting a Facebook page for my astrology ventures, a necessarily evil that my Scorpio Midheaven is not a fan of but which I will also share if and when I do). This blog has served as a public journal for all of my theories and ideas about astrology. Once I have translated all of those major ideas into my e-book, I won’t need to keep it up anymore. I’ve kept journals all my life but have always thrown them out once I feel like I have outgrown that phase in my life. It’s a Plutonian thing, I think. So, it’s in character for me. The information will still be out there; just in a different format.

But, I am grateful to everyone who has ever purchased a service from me or followed this blog or connected to my articles. It’s been an interesting journey these past few years and I think it’s only going to get more interesting. Again, this is not a goodbye. We will still be able to connect and I’ll still be able to share my astrology views with you and provide you with my services. You’ll just be reaching me in a different way. Speaking of which, I do still want to keep up my Q & A sessions every month. But, I will probably make it so you either put your questions in the comment section of a video or you send me an e-mail with your question.

Anyways, I still have seven more articles left in me after this one. And this news may disappoint a few of you. But, as much as I appreciate you, I won’t say sorry for it because it’s the direction that I just know I have to go in. It’s what feels right. But, I will say thank you for reading my blog and giving me the chance to hone my skills and become a better astrologer. And I look forward to sharing the next chapter with you!

Wayman

21 comments:

  1. Hello Wayman,

    it's so sad to hear this since I discovered your blog so recently. It's so good and everything is so well explained like no where else i have been looking online. You and your blog have helped me to understand myself better and look at astrology from another different angle that I am able to understand better.

    Thank you though for your time and knowledge. All the best wishes for you and your future projects! Keep it up! definately will keep following you on youtube and would love to discuss astrology and charts with you someday via e-mail. Because I am planing to study astrology in September myself.

    Thank you again it has been a real enlightenment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wayman!


    It really feels like we have all gown with you in our astrological journey :)

    Personally , I have come to understand this wonderful gift through you more than any other astrologers ..

    I am sure the new ventures would be successful! May the force be with you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a sec - how do you distribute your e-books, then? Another blog site?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is kind of sad. But I will be supporting you. And thank you for those amazing articles. It really helped me understand about me and the world around me one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, I Knew this change was coming, but I didn't expect it so soon :(. A real shame since your aspect articles are so spot-on and useful.
    Still, your Youtube videos will do you justice and greater ease in future astrology topics you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say that I didn't see this coming, because I did. I, at one time, asked myself, what is he still doing here, with a free-hosted blog? And, when you created the YouTube channel, i sighed: that's more like it, a great step.

    I'd have loved to still have you here, because I prefer reading to watching, but you deserve better! Your articles are great and wonderfully written. They are precise as much as they are incise. Articulate and enlightening. I enjoyed and benefitted from every time I spent on this web-space—and might still spend, to hoard.

    But time comes when the curtain has to be drawn, for the pursuit of better goals. So, I wish you the best of tomorrow. May the odds be ever in your favor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for everything and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you too, Wayman! Wish you all the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing wrong with some change :) You worked so hard on this blog, so of course you're gonna want to do something new. I wish you the best luck on all your new astrological endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Wayman,

    Looking forward to your condensed e-book. I actually thought about asking you to compile one so that everything will be in one place and it will be easier for me to locate what I look for. Besides, you are finally getting some reward for all the hard work.

    Anyway, it is still a bit sad to see it go, but I understand the need for change (My chart is heavy with Scorpio/pluto as well).

    Good luck to your future moves and I appreciate everything you've shared through this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's funny cuz according to Numerology, I'm in a personal year 9: year of endings and this blog is ending....along with other things and lives that have ended in my life this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So emotional! You're so great and I'm so excited for your next chapter in life. I can't to be able to afford a reading of yours! Thabk for everything, you really are something special.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you lots of luck and success with your endeavours and hope they bring you the recognition you deserve! Thanks for the blog, the dedication, stay awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the best! Thank you for all your posts up till now. It has helped my friends and I more than you have ever known. So once again, thank you! Your blog is amazing and you're amazing. (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wayman before you leave this blog can you do north node in the 12th if that's ok ??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a feeling this will happen but I support changes and I'm glad for you:) I can't even express how much your blog helped me in understanding astrology, so thank you for that and good luck in your new life chapter :)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for this blog and I wish you the best of luck for your future endeavors!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your articles are incredibly well written and insightful. Honestly I would buy a hard copy book of your work. I don't think you should limit yourself! You do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete